Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Discovery for Mommy!

Dear V,

Among the scores of things that you teach me every now and then, I also discovered that it is so easy to go on a guilt trip and feel that one is a bad mom. It is also so difficult to feel that one is a good mom. Why? Because at times, you feel whatever you do is not enough. In actuality, it is enough, but being a mom gives you to this tendency to stretch beyond your means and be limitless. This takes a toll often, and it can even lead to PPD. When you have a small fall and cry, I too think that may be I should have watched him closely.

There is a thin line between trying hard within our capacity and trying really hard beyond our capacity - while I do not feel that I have discovered that line yet, but I am slowly making an attempt to get there.

Love,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment