Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Waterworks!

Dear V,

This post is about me and not about you. Well, it is sort of about you because I blame it on the pregnancy hormones. Welcome to the weird family kiddo.

Love,
Amma

It does not take much for my eyes to well up, but over the years it has gotten better. But the pregnancy got better of me and I would bring on the Waterworks for the silliest things.

Once, I planned to make a particular dish (I do not cook a lot, so when I planned to cook, there must have been some solid reason behind it) and I found out that some specific ingredient was missing. What do most people do in such cases - go and buy the stuff, or ask someone to bring it for you, call the grocery guy to get it delivered and so on. What did I do? I sat down on the kitchen floor and sobbed.

I had ordered stuff online and we missed the delivery because we were outside. The delivery boy calls to inform he is at the door and I tell him we are out. Sadly, our neighbors too were not around. I ask him to give it to the security staff, who refuse to take it because of some new society policy. He tells me he will deliver it the next day. I disconnect the phone and I begin to cry - for unknown reasons in such a way that people would think I had a heartbreak. Thankfully, this happened in the car and the husband was pretty used to Waterworks by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment