Monday, March 2, 2015

Catnapper You!

Dear V,

On many days, my life revolves around your nap time as the sole aim is to make you sleep so that I can quickly finish some chores and put my feet up and just while away my time. Now that you have graduated to toddlerhood, I have to watch you like a hawk for you climb on the couch with ease and you want to jump off. It tires me off and I wait for you to nap.

The nap routine is crazy - it involves carrying you and walking and also singing simultaneously. If that does not work, then keeping you latched to the boob helps! There are some days when this doesn't work to, where I have to pat you down to sleep, turning off the lights and drawing in the curtains. Most often I doze off (ridiculous of me to take a nap at 11 am, but I am a tired mom), and you babble for a while. Sometimes you sleep and sometimes I give up. All these tricks take about an hour and then as soon as I relax, you are up in 15 mins. Or half an hour on better days.

I have given up on your naps!

Love,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment