Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Paranoid Mommy!

Dear V,

One thing which I hate about motherhood is the paranoia that it brings along. It is like this constant worry at the back of my mind - some tell me that it is going to be a lifetime thing and I hope that I learn to manage it better at some point. There two  man things I worry about (among tonnes of others) but these drive me nuts .

Are you eating enough? If you miss a meal, then I go crazy. I keep trying and offering stuff unless you eat. I know I should let you be and that you will probably demand when you are hungry. I am trying to do that, but I'd rather you eat without fuss.

I had never bothered about it much, but suddenly I am paranoid about death. What if something happens to me? Apparently, your dad also shares this thought. He is always careful about the gas stove and the electrical gadgets etc.

Love,
Amma


No comments:

Post a Comment