Sunday, March 1, 2015

Something serious !

Dear V,

The way time goes whizzing past, I feel I will just blink and you will transform into this young man. As you grow, I hope you turn into a person who respects women. I want you to understand a few things and apply them in your life.

1. Try to move away from the so called 'men's' job or women's job' - do not hesitate to cook, clean or wash. Doing such things will never make you less of a man. Neither would grooming yourself would.

2. Do not fall into stereotypes such as - cry like a girl, blush like a girl, shy like a girl etc etc. You can cry, blush or be shy. It is absolutely fine.

3. Understand 'indivudal choice' - people have their own preferences. Understand them and respect them. There is no need to get either offended or defensive if you do not agree with any of their choices. 

Love,
Amma

P.S - I cannot repeat often enough - A NO Means a NO. Silence also does not mean YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment