Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random Musings from a Flight!

I was pretty jobless in the airport and flight - I was traveling alone, I did not have a book to read. Listening to music via a headphone gives me a headache and I was too lazy to take out my laptop and browse. So, I switched to the next best thing which is observing people. Its very interesting to see when you are thrown among close to 500 people who are totally unknown to you. I am sorry if I sound too judgmental - these are just a random bunch of observations.

Mr. Conductor of the bus to airport - you are the nicest bus conductor that I have ever met. You helped everyone to haul their luggage and made sure that everyone was settled and comfortable - even though that meant that you had to stand throughout the 40-45 kms stretch.

Mr. Ray-Ban Aviators, whoever gave you the compliment that you look good with sun glass did not definitely mean that you should be sporting it 24*7. You can take them off once inside the airport and the flight, there is hardly any sun/bright light.

Mr. Cool Dude with the humongous head phones and greenish-yellow shoes. Please don't try too hard - your attempts are making you look like a wannabe.

Silk saree clad auntie with oodles of gold - Are you rushing for a wedding straight from the airport? Do you plan to give the bride a complex by wearing a heavier saree and more gold?

Mr. Blackberry - The Blackberry is a cool phone, but its no longer limited to a corporate business world. Have you not seen the new blackberry 'We are the Blackberry boys' ad? So, stop smirking at my poor N72.

Ms. Lovey-Dovey - I can guess that you are totally in love. You have a bunch of roses in your hand and you have been coochie-cooing on the phone for the past 1 hour. I understand - been there and done that. The air hostess has asked you to switch the phone now. Please switch of the phone and not send sms sneakily. I am very paranoid about airline safety.

Mr and Mrs Newly married - This is a very short flight - hardly one hour. The waiting time in the airport would be another hour. Can't you guys keep off each other for like 2 hours. There are kids staring at you. The elders are giving you glares. Can't you get the message?

Mr. Bappi Lahiri look alike businessman - Now that we all know that you do multi-crore deals everyday (thanks for the loud conversation on the phone), can you please switch off the phone. I told you that I am paranoid about airline safety.

Ms. Nosy Parker aunty - We said hi and hello. We both are on the same flight. The flight goes to Hyderabad. Therefore, please think for a moment before you ask me - "Where are you going?". Also, please don't give glares to the lady whose baby is crying. Stop for a moment and think about the lady who is struggling to pacify the little one.

3 comments:

  1. hehe.. this is so funny.. :D
    and so very true.. :)
    No matter where I go, whichever destination.. I always get to spot a Ms. Lovey Dovey and a Mr. Blackberry..
    Once I even saw a variation of Mr. Blackberry.. He was so engrossed in his laptop.And when I took a glance.. He was playing solitaire! :P

    Hugs.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mr Blackberries galore! And even goldie aunties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Arushi - Ha ha, Solitaire! That is so LOL! The expression on the face shows that they are signing multi-million deals where as it is solitaire.

    @Priti - Yes, and always!

    ReplyDelete