Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dealing with Data Loss!

After almost recovering from a cold, getting it back and again almost recovering, I was in for another shocker at work. The hard drive of my official laptop crashed and they informed me that there is no way to recover the data. I had oodles of stuff on my laptop - including photographs, write-up, bookmarks of the blogs that I read, music, movies and so on. I just feel like losing an old album or losing your hand bag!

I suddenly feel robbed of a lot of precious stuff. Lesson well learnt - I will be a little more careful with my data from now on. S has been warning me from a lot of time about backing up my data. Strangely, the thing that I am most worried about recovering is the picture that S drew of Calvin and which I have had as my wallpaper. I hope that we have a backup somewhere - in some email or on some phone.

Hmmph! Good realization on how much we are dependent virtually! For now, its back to notebooks and pens for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about losing your stuff but on the other hand like you said it a lesson learnt, moreover a "hard way". I also got the same problem recently but I remember I had a backup with www.safecopybackup.com . I went to my neighbour's internet connected browser with only few clicks, I retrieved every single stuff of mine :) . You can as well try 3GB free space if you like.

    Also a recovery software; http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/company-info/hall-of-fame/
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Grace. I will surely keep in mind :). I guess I was a little too careless!

    ReplyDelete