Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Happy Tag!

After a couple of rather irate posts which were about me catching the cold and my hard disk crashing, I stumbled upon something really sweet and happy. Scarlett's blog post was delightful to read and I just could not resist the temptation to pick it up. Yes, I could do with some sunshine - its been either raining or cloudy for the past of 2 weeks.

I so agree with Scarlett when she says that these little things cheer up when someone is stuck in a rut. I feel nice just thinking about them - I am sure I ll feel better once I finish writing/blogging about them too.

1. The smell of the earth after the first rains - it does bring in a new high, doesn't it.
2. Cozying up with S and watching TV together.
3. The gummy toothless smile of a toddler and the pride of the parents when they see the smile.
4. An occasional ping/chat with a long lost friend.
5. Arrowroot biscuits dipped in Tea.
6. Getting down from the train/plane and looking around for that familiar face and finally spotting it.
7. Extended Lunch table conversations.
8. Countdowns - I am such a sucker for countdowns - even for something trivial like a TV program or for a much awaited trip.
9. Friday evenings - even though I am not doing anything great.
10. Compliments - Its always a feel good factor.
11. Cracking Crosswords - I am not very good at it, but I do attempt it and solving just one clue gives me a kick.
12. Jigsaw Puzzles (1000 pieces) - Ah What fun!
13. Bright sunshine after the rains.
14. Fruit cakes - Baking them, eating them or simply reading about them in cooking blogs.
15. Collecting key chains from different places
16. Catching the re-runs of the all time movies by chance while browsing through the channels.
17. The strange excitement that engulfs you the evening before you travel.
18. The happiness after I see that a photo of mine has come out well.

Thanks again Scarlett for this dash of cheerfulness and happiness.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Poornima,
    You have a lovely blog here :)

    9, 13 and 18 are absolutely true for me too - this entire list is so lovely.

    Cheers,
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Scarlett! Your blog is very nice too - I have been following your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Scarlett and you have inspired me for my next post. Now I'm going to steal this idea.. :P
    And I absolutely LOVE 1, 3, 10, and 17..
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AK - Its a happy tag! It does actually and really make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it so does.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love 18:)))

    Lovely blog Poornima.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anu :). Thank you for commenting. I just went through your blog and I already love Yathaarth. The pictures are super cute!

    ReplyDelete