Monday, May 4, 2015

My Dirty Little Secret

My friend R, who is an amazing cook and a food blogger wrote this about her Dirty Little Culinary Secret.

Most people whom I have met love travel. Long weekends excite them. Just wait for Friday and everyone begins asking about the travel plans. Many are backpackers who what to go to Leh! The other day a friend exclaimed and asked if there are people who do not like traveling. Well, me for one. The idea of traveling unnerves me and then the whole planning stuff just stresses me. While I do end up enjoying whatever little travel I have done so far, it has not yet motivated me to become a fan of traveling.

It is not the idea of the often tiresome journey that dulls me down, it is probably the fact that how will the destination be, what if we forget something, would the trip be worth etc etc that eats me up and takes away from the travel experience. I am not someone who lets go of things and decides to face it then and there and that probably defines what I think about travel too. Even while traveling, I have often counted the number of days after which I will be home. May be this is why having a baby has not changed a lot when it came to travel!

There I said it - I do not like traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment