Monday, May 4, 2015

Hairdressers

Dear V,

If someone told me a couple of years back that I would be cutting a toddler's hair, I would have sworn that it was impossible. Here we are, armed with a pair of scissors to get your unruly mop into some kind of presentable shape. Since you always sleep on your tummy and you get up at the slightest touch, it is impossible to cut off while you sleep. The moment you see the scissors, you put on your curious face and you try to grab it!

So, the haircut happens in phases - bits by bit - over a couple of days. In the meantime, we do not hesitate to take you out with half cropped hair. By the time I finish one round, I see that the strands which I cut first would have already grown. So, it is a cycle! Until you are ready to sit in a hairdresser's chair without wailing your lungs off, yours truly will be doing the honors.

Love,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment