Thursday, January 1, 2015

Stepping into the New Year!

This is going to be a slightly longer post, because I missed posting for past 3-4 days.

Dear V,

You turned 1 and I just cannot believe it. Yesterday I went through the videos and photographs, and saw you transform from a wee lil one to a toddler, who has a very strong mind of his own. I do not want this to be a sort of document of your milestones, because I feel they are over-rated and fussed about too much. It is okay if you are a little early or late with them.  

You will find out in a couple of years that we are not big on birthdays - mostly its a normal day for us. So, you did not have a big bash on your first birthday. We just had a small cake and snack do, with just a few folks. Turns out that you are like us - you enjoyed and readily jumped to everyone, making me wonder where the boy with a terrible stranger anxiety vanished.

You like savory stuff and do not have a sweet tooth (well, the two lil ones that have popped are not). The fussiness with eating continues and it looks like a battle which we will take on in the coming years too. I love it how you have wrapped your dad around your fingers. Thank you for showing me a side of my husband which I never knew existed.

Words of wisdom - these are things that I learned the hard way!

1. Whenever you get some money, try to save a little portion of it - do not spend it all.

2. Do not hesitate to say sorry if you are wrong. At times, even when you are right just so that you do not hurt someone/or if it helps in mending relationships.

3. Never comment on someone's appearance unless it is giving them a compliment. 


Loads of love,
Amma

P.S - Promise that the next post won't be this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment