Monday, July 12, 2010

RACS and YT!

The typical chat with long lost acquaintances (of either gender) who simply do not get the message ever that I am not interested in long drawn chats. A simple hello and keep-in-touch works well for me - but nothing more than that. Here are some snippets of the conversation (obviously exaggerated !)

Really Annoying Creepy Acquaintance (RACS) : Hey - Are you online?
Yours Truly (YT) : Hello. (Dude, I wish I were offline).
RACS: Nice Display Pic - You have become cuter than when you were at school.
YT: Thank You !
RACS: Where are you now?
YT: I am at Hyderabad.
RACS: I heard that you got married. So who is the lucky one?
YT: Err.. Hmm - the lucky one is my Husband
RACS: Ha ha ha - nice joke. I mean what is he doing?
YT: He has just stepped out to buy some veggies for dinner.
RACS:  Ha ha ha. But I am very angry with you. You never invited me for the wedding.
YT: OMG! You did not receive my invitation. I had emailed it to you. Must have gone to the spam folder then. (Ya.. Right)
RACS: That is fine - so was it a love marriage or arranged marriage
YT: Arranged Love Marriage
RACS: WooooooooooW!
YT:  :). (what is so wow about it?)
RACS: So What do you do currently?
YT: I work for abcdef!
RACS: Oh - How did you end up there?
YT (who was considered a total loser for her choice of subject for graduation - read not engineering or medicine) : Well, it worked out for me.
RACS: I am so so so happy for you!  You have made us proud (Seriously???)
YT: (Wishing despeately for a power/internet blackout)
RACS: What else?
YT: Nothing much.
RACS: So you have been married for like 2 years now right !
YT: Ya.. (clearly understanding where it is leading to).
RACS: - So - any Good News?
YT: Ya... The good news is I learnt how to cook, I went on a nice holiday and things are going good here!
RACS: C'mon, apart from that
YT(slaps forehead): Hey listen, I have to rush for a meeting now! I will catch up later.
RACS: Sure, I will wait for your ping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment