Friday, May 20, 2016

Weekend Reading!

I have been reading quiet a lot these days - mostly non-fiction - articles, blogs and so on. Sharing two of my favorite articles that I read this week. These have strongly tugged the strings in my heart and bought a tear or two to my eyes. If you are reading this blog, then you might as well read these articles.

I have always been a big fan of Sheryl Sandberg, right from my Google days, where I remember her being full term pregnant, yet leading a global conference right from the front. She gave the commencement speech at University of California, Berkley and I feel the text of the speech is a must read for everyone. Read the text here.

Some lines that stuck to me - 
1. In the face of the void — or in the face of any challenge — you can choose joy and meaning.
2. You will be defined not just by what you achieve, but by how you survive.
3. “Option A is not available. So let’s just kick the shit out of option B.”
4. Not taking failures personally allows us to recover — and even to thrive.
5. It turns out that counting your blessings can actually increase your blessings.
6. Live with the understanding of how precious every single day would be. How precious every day actually is.


As parents, we are constantly judged. Not just by friends or family, but even by the stranger on the road. At the same time, we are also guilty of judging other people, by somehow assuming that what worked for our children is the standard norm and it should work for everyone else. A huge part of my motherhood journey has been to be non-judgemental and to respect other people's choices, decisions and circumstances. This post is a reminder that before you even mentally point out - oh, what are they doing?, pause for a minute and take a deep breath.

"Spoiling that baby’ is the most important job I will ever have, and it is a privilege."

Hope you enjoy the reading suggestions! 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Poornima,
    I am working in Vancouver digital marketing company and when i get bored from my work or feeling stressed, I used to read blogs or article online. I am mother of two kids and I got time for them only on weekends and in that weekends I used to make new dishes for them. I easily found new recipe on youtube. It is nice place to learn. Thanks for your post and yes keep posting.
    Best regards
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Poornima,
    First of all your name is very nice. Secondly I really love your post. It is very well written and very much interesting post. I am regular blog reader and I love to interesting post and yes on recipe too. I also write blogs and my last blog is on drinking water in copper mug. I would be very grateful if you will visit my blog. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed. Thanks for sharing it with us. I would love to hear more from you, keep posting.
    Best regards
    tree removal erie pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Your post is simple and easy to understandable. I really like your post.Car towing service
    Thanks for sharing informative post and It is so interesting post. i hope you post other article. Thanks for posting.Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete