Friday, December 7, 2012

December Reflections - 2

Back here and time for the next two prompts.

Fellowship - Oh yes, some new friends came along, and some old ones have gone out of touch and have now become just acquaintances. The close ones still remain close (touch wood). With some of them, I don't need to keep in touch that often, but one ping or a small email, and we are back to where we were. This happened just yesterday when a friend pinged after about 5 months and it was so therapeutic to just catch up with her. Also, met some wonderful folks on twitter. 

Cook - Well, this one asks me to describe the best recipe that I cooked this year. Now, that is a tough one, because I am bad with recipes. I call mom to ask the same recipes over and over again. I also keep some blogs open when I cook. Here are some of my favorite recipe blogs.

Sumthinz Cooking - My friend Reema's blog. My go-to place for all things that are simple and yet exotic. She makes even seemingly complicated recipes look so simple. Don't believe me? Check out the Palak Paneer recipe on the blog. 

Spicy Chilly is another favorite for South Indian stuff and I rely a lot on Shab's Cooking for Malabar recipes. For desserts, it is usually Ria's Collection that I turn to.

Will come back in a couple of days with the next two prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment